Friday, November 25, 2011

Finals week, Thanksgiving week, and beyond

My apologies for my lack of posts recently in the last couple of weeks. Week 11 was finals week and I spent all my time when my brain was firing on all cylinders studying. This proved useful cause the official grades are out and my gpa is a 3.5 which puts me on Dean's List!

This week was Thanksgiving week as well. I'm still on campus away from family. I had a job recently which required me to be here for black friday. However the couple of weeks I had work and school I noticed I couldn't focus as much in school as I was doing earlier which lead to a substandard performance in some of my classes. So I quit the job. I need to be able to focus all of my energies here in class. Work will provide later, for now though this is my job. My job is to go out into my classes and do well and soak up all the knowledge that my Chefs will be teaching me. Do I regret not giving the customary two weeks notice? Yea a little, but with this run at college being my second time round I cannot afford a chance to make the same mistake twice.

So in 4 days starts the new trimester and my cold lab rotation. Starting with Fundamentals of Food Service Production with Chef Adel. I'm soooooooooooooooooo looking forward to cooking finally! More importantly there is 4 days until I get my knife kit!!!!! YAY!

-Parrow89

No comments:

Post a Comment